Saturday, August 28, 2021

8/5/21 Amy Cooper, Central Park Cell Vigilante, is Still Complaining

  8/5/21 Amy Cooper, Central Park Cell Vigilante, is Still Complaining

In May 2020, you'll recall, a white woman with her dog in Central Park took exception to a request that she put the dog on a leash.
The request came from Black man named Christian Cooper, who is a frequent bird watcher. Ms. Cooper (they're not related) said, “I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life,” and promptly called 911. “I’m in the Ramble and there is a man ― African American, he has a bicycle helmet ― he is recording me and threatening me and my dog,” Cooper told them.
She thought that the police would take her side. Instead, they charged her for filing a false police report. They dropped the charge after she went to five sessions of "education" that included racial sensitivity training.
She didn't get any sympathy at her work place either. Franklin Templeton, an investment firm, fired her. She's suing the firm for defamation and race and gender discrimination.
But she hasn't stopped feeling victimized by the whole of New York City, and said so in a recent podcast. “He’s holding these dog treats in one hand and a bike helmet in his other hand and I’m thinking, ‘Oh, my God, is this guy going to lure my dog over and try to hit him with his bike helmet?’” Cooper said. “'And if I end up over there, am I going to get hit by this bike helmet?'"
How rational is it to think that someone is going to clobber her with a bike helmet? It's not exactly a trebuchet.
Newspeople called her the "Central Park Karen." We've got a better term: Little Medusa. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/central-park-karen-who-called-cops-on-black-bird-watcher-continues-to-play-victim_n_610addaee4b0e882ab663a03

No comments:

Post a Comment

8/28/21 Once Again, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is a COVID19 Super-Spreader

In 2020, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was linked to 649 COVID19 cases in 29 states, a CDC study said. In 2021, the rally did much the same t...